Saturday, November 2, 2013

Perdenone

Cara Famiglia, 

I've said my final goodbyes to Savona and am now in Pordenone! Thursday was a long day of trains. We woke up at five in the morning to make our train to Genova where I left Sorella Bringas and travelled to Milan with Sorelle Lemos and Eaton. At Milan I was able to see almost all of my MTC district for the first time in six months! It was great! Then I hopped on another train with Sorella Nelson and headed to Pordenone. 

It's a bit of a change to go from speaking almost only Italian to speaking a ton of English. Not only am I now with three american sisters, we're really close to an American Air Force base, and about 99% of our investigators are from Africa so we teach in English. 
Pordenone has two wards, one Italian, one American. We work exclusively with the Italian ward, and then the other sisters and a set of anziani work half and half with the americans. There's also a senior couple here who have the same call that Grandma and Grandpa Okeson had in San Diego working on the base. 

I had my first casa success ever! I have knocked on lots and lots of doors with nothing to show for it besides maybe a phone number. But, Last night we started ringing citifoni and a lady let us come in to talk to her. So we headed up the stairs to her apartment and talked to her at the door for a minute before she let us in to share a message. 

I'm doing great- happily eating PBnJs and rejoicing in the fact that we have a bishop and ward council. 

I love you all! 

Sorella Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment