Saturday, November 2, 2013

Perdenone Week 2

Dear Family, 

Well, two weeks in Pordenone are almost up and I'm settling in to the city. I'm loving it and my comp. Sorella Pond is wonderful, she's a hard worker but super fun at the same time. 
We're also working to get to know the ward better. We just created a new ward mission plan so we're going around and presenting it to all the members. We also hosted an FHE Monday night where we carved pumpkins! Sorella Pond and I didn't really feel like buying pumpkins ourselves, so we took a page from family history and carved pineapples. I'll send some pictures. 

Tomorrow we're having a trunk or treat at the church with the American ward which should be fun. Today I had a pumpkin gelato. It was pretty good. I think it would have been better however with a nice dark chocolate instead of the chocolate pear walnut flavor that I also got, but it was fun to try. 
While I'm on the food subject, Yesterday the stake president's wife made us broccoli pizza. It was delicious! I don't think I would have ever put broccoli on a pizza, but I loved it. 

The work is going well. We ended up giving lots of our invesitgators to the Anziani when they showed up, so we're currently doing a lot of finding. But we're full of faith that we'll find ourselves a lot of new simps. 

We have a wonderful less active from Ghana that we're working with. We meet him twice a week in the park and each time we sing several hymns together. I love it! 

Today we traveled to Venice and went to Murano, where they blow glass. We were able to watch them make a couple pieces. On the train ride over we could see the Alps. It was beautiful. 

I LOVE hearing about everyone's missionary experiences and thoughts. There is nothing better than sharing the gospel. It just fills your whole soul. 

I love you all, Have a marvelous week!

Sorella Pace

A glass maker, unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture of them blowing the glass

The Sorelle! Minus me. My companion Sorella Pond is the one closest to the camera and then Sorelle Nelson and Hunter are companions.

Venice

My pineapple!

Sorella Pond with her pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment