Saturday, November 9, 2013

Missionary Efforts

Cara Famiglia, 

This week has been wonderful! We've been doing a lot of finding work, but are pressing forward with faith. Keep up with your missionary efforts at home. I know the missionaries there really appreciate it. 

We had a blitz Friday and Saturday from the Mestre Sorelle. It was fun to work with them and be a 'junior companion' for a day. All of our appointments Friday night were cancelled, so we ended up doing casa for a while before corellation meeting. And we had a lot of success! We would have been able to teach three different lessons, but they were all male without a woman at home, so we GEMed the Anziani with some great referrals. 

Yesterday we had a big multiple Zone Conference in Verona with Elder Teschera, the Area Seventy for Europe. So Tuesday night we traveled to Vicenza to stay the night with the sorelle there, and then continued on to Verona in the morning. It was amazing and exactly what I needed. I've been feeling a bit in a rut lately and while I'm happy with the progress I've made and that I'm a good missionary, I feel like that progress has slowed down and I've just been floating. Yesterday was the perfect wakeup call I needed. One of the things that Anziano Teschera talked about was making sure that we as the messagers are in sync with the message. He talked about making sure that we're continually changing, improving, and repenting to bring ourselves more in harmony with the gospel. So I've been thinking about the little things that I can change inorder to be a more effective missionary. One of the principles I've loved studying on the mission is repentance and the idea of changing to match God's will. It means changing more than our behaviors and actions. It means changing our thoughts, our beliefs, our hearts. It's changing our entire being. And that's what I love about the gospel. It's a gospel of change. Through Gesù Cristo, we can change and improve our lives. 

I love you all, and pray that all's well at home. Have a wonderful weekend with Melanie and Steve at home!!!

Love, 
Sorella Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment