Saturday, November 2, 2013

Drumroll...

...And the big news is that I'm transfered! After four wonderful months here in Savona, tomorrow morning I'll hop on the train, travel across Italia way over to the complete opposite side where I'll get off in Pordenone. Wow. Sorella Bringas tells me that Pordenone is perfect for me cause it's cold. It will be a bit of a shock leaving the sea and the climate here, but I'm excited. Hopefully I'll see lots of snow this winter. Also, I've heard that there's an English branch there because there's a military base. 

My new companion is Sorella Pond. I don't really know anything about her yet, but I think she's a transfer behind me in the mission. I'll be living in four again which will be a bit of a change, especially since I've been asked to be the apartment coordinator. So basically I just have to make sure that everyone has time to shower and organize meals, but that means I'll be the oldest missionary in the apartment. Crazy! I'm still just beginning my mission. I arrived here just the other day right????

Saying goodbye to Savona is much more difficult than it was to say goodbye to Genova. Probably something to do with the time spent, and the ability to talk and understand the members. I'm also pretty sad that I won't be able to see our baptism in two weeks. But I'm excited to see a new city, a new companion, and a new part of the country! 

I've seen a lot of miracles here in Savona. I've also seen a lot of rough stuff. But wouldn't trade it for anything because I have learned so much. Especially this transfer. The mission truly is incredible. Everything happens so fast and you grow a bucketload each time. Investigators spring up like a flame and then disappear into the shadows. Others remain for a while and slowly fall away. Then there are the ones that make progress at their own pace until they're finally ready to be baptized. Our investigator getting baptized in a week and a half has known the church for three years. I've watched his progress the past few months and it's been amazing. I'm so proud of him and know he has a bright future ahead. 

Thanks for the letters and support. You're all in my prayers each night. 

Vi voglio bene!


Sorella Pace

The Sorella of Geneva Zone

Missionaries of Genova and Savona

I don't know if I'll have a bike in Pordenone. If not, my skirts will shout for joy! and maybe it will finally be worth my while to try and clean of the brake stains

Karen with Sorella Bringa, her companion

No comments:

Post a Comment