Thursday, September 5, 2013

Transfers!

Dear Family, 

It's wonderful to hear from you all! It's crazy to think that it's already the start of another school year. 

For me, it's a new transfer and I'm staying here in Savona! Sorella Hanson is leaving to be a Sister Training Leader in Milano with my first companion Sorella Heupel! Which means I'm staying here with Sorella Bringas to finish training her and to be the senior companion. AAaaaah!!! It's a little nervewracking. But with lots of prayer and scripture study, I'm going forward with faith and no stress. I think that's going to be my motto for this transfer. No stress. Actually, I was reading the conference Ensign and read the talk by Elder Porter regarding beautiful mornings. So I think that will by my theme: Oh What a Beautiful Morning. That way I can join in on the music fun Mom's having, and focus on my blessings, because I think that's the greatest help for no stress. 
I also was preparing for a talk this morning that I have in church on Sunday and was thinking about service and sacrifice. They go in hand and hand, but though service at times requires sacrifice, when we do it, it only feels like a blessing. I thought about the Widow of Zerepheth and the Widow's Mite and how their sacrifice of all they had brought more blessings than they could imagine. It's when we give of our lack, of our weakness, truly of ourselves that we truly follow Christ's example of service. So I'm giving my little best to Savona and Sorella Bringas and trusting that with the help of the Lord it will be enough. One things for sure, my Italian is really going to improve, because now I don't even have Sorella Hanson to talk to in English. Which also means I'll probably forget some. Sorry in advance for my future letters of bad grammer and poor spelling. 

In other news, the work in Savona is progressing and so are our investigators. I love seeing their growth and seeing them discover a love for the gospel. Everyone has dificulties and challenges, but through the gospel everything can be overcome. We've had a simpatizzante who's been acting pretty much on blind faith the past few months, trusting that the answers to her prayers will come and she'll feel the Spirit. It's been hard to watch her struggle when she felt it was going no where. Yesterday she told us for the first time that she had felt the Spirit the other week in church. For the first time she told us that this is something she wants in her life. It was such a miracle and blessing to see her growing faith. 

I recieved an email from Sorella DeCoria today and she told me that Zach Birch and Ben Crapo are leaving on missions. I can't believe they're old enough! But tell their families congratulations from me.

I love you all and pray for you everyday. Good luck with the start of the school year, internships, work, etc. 

Love,
Sorella Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment