Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trasferimenti

Cara Famiglia,

Well it's that time of the transfer again and Monday during lunch we recieved a call from Presidente Dibb. There isn't anything that gets your heart battering quite like that. Luckly, I get to stay here in Pordenone! But Sorella Pond's going to open Busto Arsizio to sorelle as well as train a brand new missionary. She's kind of nervous :)

My new companion is Alyson Carter. And that's all I know about her. So I'll let you know more next week. We're leaving this afternoon to travel to Verona (three hours in train) where we'll spend the night with the sorelle there. Then in the morning Sorella Pond will head to Milano and I'll stay in Verona until the Sorella Carter arrives. It should be fun. I'm going to miss Sorella Pond a ton. She's absolutely amazing and I've been so blessed to spend the past three transfers with her. 

In other news... We have a bap date! And she's the cutest little 84 year old Italian lady! I never thought I'd see that happen, but she's amazing. She's the aunt of a member and the missionaries have visited her slightly over the past year. When I first started working with her, the missionaries hadn't seen her for a couple of months. So we went, and she told us that she was Catholic, would remain Catholic, but we were nice and she liked listening to us so we could keep visiting her. Which we did because it meant so much to her nephew. We were seeing her everyother week and then her nephew started bringing her in church every week. I had the thought one day that maybe we should ask L. to be baptized! Then her nephew talked to me at church and said that maybe she was now ready to be baptized. Our next lesson with her the nephew wasn't there and we wanted him there for the invite. As we were talking she shocked me by saying,  "until yesterday I was Christian." I was trying to immagine L. becoming Budhist so I asked her what she was today and she said "forse potrei diventare mormona." (maybe I could become Mormon). 
Last Friday we taught her the Plan of Salvation and asked her to be baptized April 5 and she accepted! 

Keep up the missionary work at home! And keep thinking about those family mission plans! 

Vi voglio tantissimo bene!


Sorella Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment