Saturday, January 4, 2014

Buon Dicembre!

Dear Family, 

This week has been amazing! I think I'm starting to love working with two wards. It's crazy though because all the Americans live out in little towns, and the bus schedule in winter is not built for missionary work. We tried to get a monthly abbondamento for the bus for the whole region, and the lady just stared at us and told us we could only get one for a specific town. But with the help of members with cars we're figuring it out. After visiting one member we asked her to help us find the address of an inactive. She pulled out her tablet, typed the address into googlemaps and drove us there. Then she asked us how we normaly find places. hahahahaha. Well we only have a map for the city of Pordenone and the two closest towns and beyond that we go by bus stops, faith, and prayers. 
But I realized that dispite all the times in my mission that I have stepped off a bus or train without a clue where we were, not even certain if we were in the right town, there are very few times that we haven't found where we want to go, and usually in time for our appointment. The Lord blesses us far more than we realize. 

I love you all. Have a wonderful week! 

Sorella Pace

We decorated for Christmas last week! Here's our Christmas mantle! With our tiny Christmas tree. We borrowed a couple mattresses from the old apartment for when the traveling sorelle came for a scambi, so now we sit on the mattresses in the corner y the radiator and stare at the mantle. It's great!

Even better we have presents under the tree! And compared to the tree, they're gigantic.

All the Africans call me Sister Peace. I love it! I have a bit of an identity crisis now that I'm working with both Americans and Italians cause I don't know how to pronounce my name. With the Africans though, it doesn't matter either way it means the same thing!

My crazy comp (Sorella Pond) and I with our hat-scarves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment