Thursday, September 4, 2014

Dear Italian Weather...

Last week I was perfectly happy riding my bike in the Rimini summer sun in short sleeves. Today I have a sweater, scarf, rain jacket, tights, and a sore throat. September is here! 

This past week has been kind of crazy. I've been outside of Rimini just as often as I've been in it. Friday we had mission consiglio in Milano. After that we went straight to Modena to do a double scambio with them on Saturday

Sunday we went to church. All the youth had spent the last week at either FSY or the temple in Switzerland. They all bore powerful testimony during Sacrament meeting. Then that afternoon we had a lesson with a less-active family. We've been working with them for months, but have never seen much success, especially with the wife. We were talking and laughing, when suddenly she opened up and revealed one of the walls that kept her from returning. We were shocked but we were able to bear powerful testimony. We're going to visit again tonight, and hopefully we'll be able to continue to assure her of God's love and that He really does answer prayers. 

I received a strong witness of that just an hour later. We left their house and started knocking doors. It did not go well. After some pretty rough rejections we were discouraged. We started biking towards Rimini to do some strada and I was feeling pretty down. I was exhausted, thirsty, and didn't think I could do any more finding that day. I remember praying as I peddled and telling Heavenly Father that if only I could have some water, I would be happy. I imagined someone calling after us with two glasses of water in hand, inspired to stop us, give us to drink, and listen to our message. It didn't happen. But then, less than a minute later I looked to the left of the road and saw a small wall with four spouts continuously pouring out water. There was a group of old men filling crates of two liter bottles with water. That was the coldest, sweetest water I have ever tasted. And I just felt Heavenly Father telling me not to worry. He's aware, and He'll take care of my needs. I just need to focus on feeding His sheep. The rest of the evening went very well. 

Monday we got up early and went to my last Zone Conference in Firenze. It was a really good conference, even though it was strange to think it's my last. I gave my farewell testimony. That was hard. 

But the work moves forward. We're still having some great lessons with R. She's learning a lot and making great progress. I is still busy working in her hotel. We're really praying that we'll be able to see her this week. 

I love you all!!!!

Sorella Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment