Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Scambio

Cara Famiglia,
So today we visited San Marino and I felt like I was living in a dream. We were running around like crazy and taking pictures like crazy because we had only a short amount of time before we had to catch our bus back to Rimini. I think it was the best p-day I've ever done.
Last Thursday we headed up to Modena for my first scambi as a sister training leader. I was with Sorella Holloway from my MTC district who I basically haven't seen for a year. It was so much fun to work with her and realize how much we've grown since the MTC. Modena is the coolest city, and Sorella Holloway and her companion just opened it to sisters last transfer.  As we arrived in Rimini the next day we were able to meet up with our companions by the beach- my first view of it in Rimini. It was beautiful, even if the wind was blowing up a sand storm. 
Then this week I was in Ravenna on another scambio. Wow that city's beautiful as well. It has the neatest brick churches, something you don't see much in Italy.
Being on scambi so much is really fun since I get to work with so many different sorelle and I learn so much from them . It does means that I haven't spent much time in Rimini though. Tomorrow and Friday I'll be doing my first scambio here which should be interesting. Hopefully I don't get too lost.
This week I've been so full of gratitude for everything the Lord has given us. 
He has the perfect plan for everyone and puts us in eachother's paths to bless one another. When I was in Ravenna we stopped a lady on the street and talked to her for a while. She's going through a hard time and struggling to feel God's love for her right now, but as we talked I could feel her relax and feel the spirit. She wasn't ready to give us her contact information to meet with the sorelle again, but I know that we were placed in her path that day so she could feel that our loving Heavenly Father is looking out for her.

Buona Pasqua!
Sorella Pace
So today we decided to leave the country and head up to San Marino.

Best decision of my life.

I literally have never been in a place so beautiful. It's a castle built on top of a mountain. From one side you look out and see the coast - the land, the cities, the sea - and from the other side you look out and see the most breathtaking landscape of mountainous hills leading off towards Tuscana. I literally took over two hundred pictures in the space of two hours.

From one of the towers


Looking towards the Adriatic Sea

A super windy day by the Rimini beaches with the Modena Sorelle after a scambio. We really struggled to get a picture without someone's hair completely covering their face. This is the best I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment