Sunday, July 28, 2013

A New President!

Caro Famiglia, 

Another week has flown by and I'm not sure where. I'm past halfway through my second transfer in Italy! 
The biggest news of the week is that we met Presidente e Sorella Dibb yesterday! They are amazing and I can't wait to work with them for the next 16 months. 

Life is crazy. Most days it seems like we need another five or six hours in the day to get everything done. Then there are the days when all our plans fall through and the day never ends, but those are getting pretty rare. We work hard to fill up our days with lessons and passbys, and then our nights are crazy full of appointments. We're building up quite a collection of people who can only see us at 7 in the evening, which makes scheduling a little tricky, but we've been eatting a lot! We had three nights in a row where we were fed. 

Last week we called Zorba's family to try and set up an appointment and she invited us to a barbeque! So we hopped on a train to the city where they live and went out to their land outside of town. They had a wonderful garden  with chickens, veggies, fruit trees, and a giant rosemary bush that would make Mom jealous! They had a huge outdoor oven where they cooked the chicken (with fresh rosemary). It was delicious!! We had a really fun time getting to know them better. Cinzia wasn't there that time, but the dad was there along with his brother and sister-in-law who had lots of questions about the church! 

Thanks for the letters! I recieved a package from the 31st Ward Laurels yesterday that I loved! Grazie! (Julie- I know you won't be home for a while to convey my thanks, but when you return let them know how grateful I am!)

Vi voglio bene!
Sorella Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment