Sunday, May 5, 2013

Safely Away!

Karen has safely arrived in Italy!

She left Tuesday from the MTC, flew from SLC to Chicago, from Chicago to Frankfurt, Germany and from there to Milan. While in Chicago, she could call us. Mom and I both talked to her and she is doing GREAT; I loved hearing her voice. She loved the MTC and couldn't wait to get into the mission field. Wednesday morning we received a call from the Milan Mission Home, a Elder Anderson informed us that Karen had arrived safely and was currently at the Duomo in Milan before eating dinner and crashing at the hotel. He also gave us top secret information that Karen didn't even know! So...

Karen's companion is Sorella Heupel from California and they will be serving in Genova! That is the last city that my Dad served in on his mission, so where one Pace left off, another picks up. We are so excited for her.

Here's a letter we received via snail mail a few days before she left the MTC.





Caro Famiglia,

Well this is it!! In two days time I'll be on a plane ride to Italia! Hopefully I'll also have the chance to talk to  you. :)

I just realized that you probably won't get this until Tuesday or Wednesday. Crazy!

I love you all, I love this gospel!

For the first time in my life I have no  idea where ll be in 4 days time. I have no idea who my trainer will be. But I have never been so excited in my life! I woke up today feeling like Christmas morning and I couldn't keep a smile off my face.

Enjoy the next 17 months! I know I will.

I don't know if having the Sisters live with you will work out, but I remember when Veroonica (not sure if I spelled that right) lived with us when David was on his mission. Dad was working with the missionaries so we saw them a lot. Our home was filled with the missionary spirit and it was incredible. I can only imagine what it would be like to have the sisters live with you, but that would be far beyond incredible - it would be a great blessing.

I've been praying for you to have missionary experiences at home. I love missionary work more than I ever imagined. If I don't return home in 17 months, that's why. I'll just preach the gospel in Italia for the rest of my life.

I love you and miss you! Good luck with the sprouts, the garden, work, and school. If the lilac tree is blooming, go smell it for me everyday. :)

Love Sorella Pace

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    Thanks for the update. How exciting for both David and Karen for her to serve where he served! Karen is going to do amazing things in Italy!
    Love ya all, Effie

    ReplyDelete